The changing educational and social patterns demands better adjustment capabilities from a person which many times may not be fulfilled by the person itself. He/she requires the supportive structures to tackle with his/her personal, professional or academic problems. Counselling programs are aimed at the same. This study analyzes the different aspects of counselling programs with reference to educational/academic programs in particular. Though, counselling is needed everywhere beyond the boundaries of education. But educational counselling covers the methodologies of the other fields to very much extent. In this study, we have first introduced the concept of counselling, then procedure and need of counselling. Our main goal has been to find the drawbacks of current counselling system in India and give relevant recommendations for the same described in the final stages of the paper.
To study the essential aspects of counselling programs and analyze their need in Indian perspective.
3. RESEARCH QUESTIONS:
a)What is the concept of Counselling?
b)What is the procedure of counselling?
c)Why are counselling programs needed?
d)What are the drawbacks in the formulation and execution of counselling programs in educational institutions of India?
e) What recommendations may be given in order to achieve better and efficient formulation and execution of counselling programs?
4. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY:
The required information was collected from secondary sources-
4.1. Secondary Sources:
The major secondary sources are listed below:
· Indira Gandhi National Open University Books
· Guidance and Counselling by Dr Shipra Gupta (Book)
· IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science
· Guidance and Counselling published by NCERT (Book)
· International Journal of Advanced Educational Research
· The International Journal of Indian Psychology
· JSTOR (Journal)
These resources were used due to their comprehensive approach, good standard and easy availability. These resources gave a required approach to the idea about the concept of counselling, its need in India and problems in implementation of the counselling programs, on the basis of which necessary recommendations could be given. [...]
- Quote paper
- Anand Prakash Sharma (Author)Lovish Raheja (Author), 2020, Essential Aspects of Counselling Programs and Their Need in Educational Institutions with Special Reference to India, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/1263309