Table of Content
Characteristics of Future Education
Advantages of Online Education
Disadvantages of Online Education
Recommendation and Conclusion
Over the past several decades the rapid technological advancement has had an impact on every aspect of human life and education has been one of the most important beneficiaries of this phenomenon. However as technology continues to take a central role in today’s society, educational experts and professionals have raised concerns on the possible impacts that this will have not just on the system but also on the students and the society as whole. With some critics arguing that technology would in the future replace human intelligence (Damary, Markova & Pryadilina, 2017). This, they argue would be as a result of the assumption of control by technologies over a considerable measure of undertakings and capacities that educators have been educating their students in the conventional education system. It is the position of this paper that despite the rise of technology and the central role it is now playing in the society, Education faces no threat, rather with the changing world; technology will only be driving force behind the restructuring of the education model education as it aligns itself to the global changes.
Characteristics of Future Education
Conventional learning methods continue to develop with the aid of the increased innovation and advances in the technological front. Individuals will have access to better learning resources whenever they require, this has immense academic importance to education (Wong, 2017). Individuals all around the globe will be able to access enhanced portability because of the flexibility and potential that online learning gives. Additionally, as more institutions continue to adopt these online platforms as part of their core education process, formal scholastic online learning instruction is becoming legitimately accepted as part of the mainstream educational frameworks. Some of the features of future education include
- Personalized learning: Each student will have the opportunity to learn with educational instruments that adjust to their abilities to perform or complete a given task. This implies that students who are considered to be above average in terms of knowledge is concerned, will have the chance to be tested with appropriately challenging assignments and tasks when a specific level is accomplished (Wong, 2017). Students who encounter troubles with a subject will get the chance to hone more until the point when they have fully grasped the required concepts at each stage. As such, students will be emphatically strengthened over the course of their learning process. This can bring about to positive learning encounters and will reduce the measure of students losing self-confidence on their own individual educational and scholarly capacities. Besides, through such an environment, instructors will have the capacity to unmistakably identify the students who may require help in specific areas of their studies. Consequently, it would be easy to put in place the measures to ensure that they have the required assistance in overcoming those challenges.
- Project based: As professions continuously adapt to the current shift towards a future independent and global economy, it is essential for students to adjust and adapt to a more project centered institutional and working environments. This implies that students must have the ability to effectively the knowledge they have learned in relatively short periods of time to an assortment of real life circumstances. Online education offers hierarchical, community oriented, and time administration aptitudes can be instructed as essentials that each student will find to be of immense use in their professions and careers later in life.
- Diverse Place and Time: in future students will be afforded the chance to attend and be part of their respective classes at diverse times and in different geographical areas. Through E-Learning apparatuses, remote and self-paced classes will be a common feature. As such, the arrangement made for classes will depend on the content and objectives of study (Sydorenko & Fris, 2016). This means that the theoretical part of the learning process will be done outside the conventional classroom setting and facilitated through virtual based connection/ o the other hand, the practical part of the coursework will be taught in the traditional face to face classroom setting.
- Free choice: In spite of the fact that each subject taught at educational institutions, the means to attaining those objective for each individual student vary significantly. Correspondingly to the personalized learning background, students will have the capacity to adjust their learning process with devices and techniques that they feel are essential to them. Students will also have access to a varied range of educational gadgets and framework apparatus, distinctive projects and procedures as it relates to their individual learning and educational inclinations. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), Flipped classrooms and blended learning are some of the vital terminologies and key words that characterize this change (Sydorenko & Fris, 2016).
- Field Experience: Since technology and innovation can encourage more productivity in specific areas, educational modules will prepare for abilities that exclusively require human learning and physical interaction. In this way, involvement in 'the field' will be underscored inside all of the courses. Schools will give more chances to understudies to get genuine aptitudes that are illustrative to their employments (Ally & Prieto-Blázquez, 2014). As such, this implies that the existent educational programs will make more space for all students to satisfy obligatory internship programs, tutoring undertakings and cooperation ventures within their areas of specialty.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: In spite of the fact that science is viewed as one of three most significant literacies, it is unmistakably identifiable that the manual aspect of this crucial literacy is continuously being watered down and may become irrelevant in the future. Technology and new innovations on this end are rapidly taking up the statistical analysis exercises will soon deal with each measurable examination, through describing and breaking down information to project future patterns and occurrences. In this manner, the human elucidation of this information will turn into a considerably more critical feature of future educational curriculums (Ally & Prieto-Blázquez, 2014). Applying the hypothetical information to numbers, and utilizing human thinking to induce rationale and patterns from these information will turn into a key new part of this proficiency.
- Change in Student Assessment methods: since the courseware platforms will be used in the evaluation of students at each level of education, the use of Q&A in such scenario will become irrelevant. Numerous experts and professional sin the education sector, including other external stakeholders have argued that the current use of Q&A has been designed in way that students are able to cram course materials for the purpose of passing an exam, only to forget all about it afterwards (Ally & Prieto-Blázquez, 2014). Teachers stress that exams may not truly quantify what students ought to be equipped for when they enter their first occupation. As the genuine academic capacities of a student can be estimated amid their learning experience, the utilization of their insight is best tried through real life applications of theoretical knowledge in the field.
- Curricula Ownership by the Student: As education progresses in to the future, the critical role and involvement of students in the development of their curricula will be fundamentally increased. The ability to maintain efficient and effective educational modules that is contemporary, forward and helpful can only be attained when the inputs of seasoned educational experts and youngsters are considered and used in its development. The essential contribution from students on the substance and sturdiness of these courses will be an unquestionable requirement for a comprehensive study program.
- The Role of Mentoring will be Key: In the future, the relation between a student and the school will have incorporated a great amount of freedom in to the learning experience, to an extent that mentoring will become a key factor in determining an individual academic success As such, the role of educators and instructors in all academic institutions will continue to act as crucial central points in a world of extensive information the students will be in. Despite the fact that the eventual fate of education may appear to be remote at this moment in time, the role of educational institutions and teachers are essential and indispensable to scholastic execution and continuity.
Learning has and continues to be a key aspect of human life. From a conventional point of view learning and education has been connected and restricted to a classroom setting, a phenomenon that has been challenged by the rise of technology (Damary, Markova & Pryadilina, 2017). Through technological advances the concept of online classes has become common as more and more educational institutions become increasingly committed to adopting this learning framework. The online environment is changing continuously and it represents a great opportunity for individuals to access education in a way that was never known to be possible before. This includes the access of quality education by individuals in areas where the standards of education may be low. Through online classes individuals are able to find and enroll in programs that suit and are in alignment with their unique and personal preference and capacities. The value and inclination to online learning in future will be significantly high and will have an impact on the quality and access to education.
It is evaluated that e-learning is utilized by estimated 100 million individuals’ globally. According to researchers, the rise of E-learning will experience a continuous growth and development. Global experience recommends that, given astounding instructive substance and equipped course plan, the viability of e-learning cannot be argued as being sub-par in comparison to the conventionally adopted classroom or face to face system between the student and the educator. In order to fully recognize and understand the impact of such a move from the conventional classroom learning experience to a virtual online system it is imperative to identify the advantages and disadvantages of this significant and requisite framework adoption.
Advantages of Online Education
- Flexibility: I distance and online learning, students have the opportunity to participate and complete their coursework and studies from anyplace in the world, through the internet. This enables the students to work whenever it is appropriate without squeezing in planned classes to an already bustling life (Arkorful & Abaidoo, 2015).
- Quote paper
- D.M.C. Wayne (Author), 2018, The Future of Education. Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Education, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/424903