Karl Marx - Is He Right?

A Research Paper About Karl Marx Theories

Pre-University Paper, 2011

3 Pages, Grade: A+


Karl Marx – Is He Right??

Karl Marx was a strong opposition of capitalism. He disliked the idea of poor and rich, which he called bourgeoisie and proletariat. On the one side, there are the bourgeoisie, the powerful, wealthy people who control everything. And on the other side, there is the proletariat, the middle and lower class. Marx didn’t like the idea of one group controlling the other, in his opinion everybody should be the same and get the same treatment. It may sound good, but is that always good? Most westernized cultures have a capitalist system, not a communist one, which Marx would prefer. Of course, both systems have their weaknesses. First, I want to show that our system of capitalism is not as perfect as it seems. The gap between rich and poor is bigger than it has ever been before. Some experts even say that it is not “rich vs. poor” any more, it is rather “rich vs. the rest of us” (Economic Collapse). Some statistic show that 2010 was the worst year ever, and 2011 is pronounced to be worse. “In 2010, for the first time ever more than a million U.S. families lost their homes to foreclosure, and that number is expected to go even higher in 2011.” (Economic Collapse) “When 2007 began, 26 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, an all-time record 44 million Americans are on food stamps.” These facts show that the working class has hard times right now. Still, there are those few who buy million dollar houses and don’t even think of people who are less fortunate. In 2007, 20% of all people held 85% of all the personal wealth, which leaves only 15% for the middle and lower class, 80% of the population. Does that seem fair? As to the financial wealth, the average classes hold only 7%! (Domhoff) The shown facts and statistics show, that our capitalist economy definitely creates a strong difference between bourgeoisie and proletariat. For me and most other people it means a failure of our economy. There should not be such a minority ruling the whole economy and having a careless life while others cannot find work or don’t get paid enough to feed their families. President Obama wanted to solve this problem and make the gap between rich and poor smaller, but the hopes of many people start to get shattered. A quote from “Economic Collapse” shows what seems to be the unfortunate truth: “Barack Obama and Ben Bernanke keep touting an "economic recovery", but the truth is that the only ones that seem to be benefiting from this recovery are those at the very top of the economic food chain.” This is also shown in the recent government shutdown talk. No government worker would get paid, which means hard times for a lot of people, for some even the loss of houses and unpaid bills. No one gets paid – with one exception! The highest in rank, like Obama, would still get paid. This of course is set up by them, and that although they are the only ones who would have enough money to go through a government shutdown without even noticing the missing income.


Excerpt out of 3 pages


Karl Marx - Is He Right?
A Research Paper About Karl Marx Theories
Catalog Number
ISBN (eBook)
File size
410 KB
This research paper is done by a senior student, a German exchange student. Which is good proove for good Grammar and so on because Germans learn the Grammar a lot more detailled. I got an A+ for it and it was pronounced the best in class.
Marx, Anthropology, Anthro, Sociology, Psychology, Psych
Quote paper
Sarah Fuhrken (Author), 2011, Karl Marx - Is He Right?, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/205126


  • No comments yet.
Read the ebook
Title: Karl Marx - Is He Right?

Upload papers

Your term paper / thesis:

- Publication as eBook and book
- High royalties for the sales
- Completely free - with ISBN
- It only takes five minutes
- Every paper finds readers

Publish now - it's free