Abstract — Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) is a wireless communications technology. As the global economy continues to expand, so does the demand for information. This information needs to be plentiful, diversified, instant, sprinkled and mobile, all at the same time. These mounting demands have proven difficult for existing network capacity, coverage and range also. And this reduces an organizations ability to evolve with changing business and workforce needs. Wireless networks are best suited to meet these challenges because they are resilient, scalable, mobile and cost-effective. It facilitates the network with high-speed, high quality data, voice and video communication, even when users are on the move. The rapid growth of WIFI in the home, enterprise and public hotspot market has given users and service providers alike a new glimpse into what wireless connectivity can deliver, through a single interface, in multiple locations. WIFI realizes the vision of broadband connectivity within the LAN (Local Area Network) and has easy way for new wireless technologies that can deliver the same experience in the MAN (Metropolitan Area Network) and in the WAN (Wide Area Network).
Keywords– 5G; 4G; WWWW; LAN; MAN; WAN; WiFi;
Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) is a wireless communications technology aim to supply wireless data over long distances in a variety of ways as a dissimilar to cable and DSL (Digital Subscriber Line), from point-to-point associations to occupied mobile cellular brand right to use. It is based on the IEEE 802.16 customary.  The name WiMAX was produced by the WiMAX discussion, which was twisted in June 2001 as an industry-led, not-for-profit association to encourage conformance and interoperability of the customary. The ambition of this deliverable is to make available an impression of the functionality and a explanation of the WiMAX network structural design.  We study and evaluate the coexistence and interoperability solutions stuck between WiMAX and other wireless access networks, such as WLAN (IEEE 802.11) in missing from 3G (B3G) networks.  We also appraise the extraordinary facial appearance of the WiMAX technology, such as the superior treatment in Non Line Of Sight (NLOS) environments; in organize to examine the applicability of well Known localization techniques. in conclusion, we see the sights the opportunity of increasing a new localization modus operandi that exploits the distinctiveness of WiMAX technology and the under misleading network transportation to distribute enhanced positioning accurateness. 
illustration not visible in this excerpt
Fig – 1 WiMAX network Architecture 
MS – Mobile Station
BS – Base Station
ASN – Access Service Network
GW – Gate Way
OSS – Operation Support Subsystem
BSS – Base Station Subsystem
PSTN - Public Switched Telephone Network
3GPP – 3rd Generation Partnership Project
DIFFERENT TYPES OF DATA NETWORKS
Personal area network (PAN)
Personal area network is a normally wireless data network used for communication surrounded by data devices close to one person. The possibility of a PAN is then of the order of a few meters, generally understood to be less than 10 m, although WPAN technologies may have a greater reach. Bluetooth, UWB and Zigbee are the examples of WPAN. 
Local area network (LAN)
Local area network is a data network used for communication surrounded by data devices computer, telephones, printer and personal digital assistants. This network covers a moderately small area, like a home, an office or a small campus. The capacity of a LAN is of the order of 100 meters. The most currently used LANs are Ethernet and WiFi. 
Metropolitan area network (MAN)
Metropolitan area network is a data network that may perhaps cover up to more than a few kilometers, typically a large campus or a city. 
Wide area network (WAN)
Wide area network is ad data network covering a wide geographical region, as big as the planet. WANs are based on the correlation of LANs, allowing users in one location to communicate with users in other locations. Typically, a WAN consists of a number of interrelated switching nodes. These connections are made using leased lines and circuit – switched and packet – switched methods. The most at the moment used WAN is the internet network. Other examples are 3G and mobile WiMax networks, which are wireless WANs. The WANs repeatedly have much smaller data rates than LANs. 
- Residential and SOHO high speed internet access.
- Small and medium business.
- WiFi hotspot backhaul.
- Frequent business traveler
- Living in multiple locations
- Fast web surfing and quick file download
- Real time video/audio streaming
- Interactive gaming
- VoIP (Voice over IP)
- Televise high definition TV
- Video on demand (VOD)
- Long range
- Advance IP based Architecture
- Flexible channel Bandwidth
- QoS(Quality of Service) robust control
- Superior Performance
- Cost effectiveness
- Cost & CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) availability
- Smart antenna technology.
- Fractional frequency reuse
- Multicast and broadcast services.
- OFDM based physical layer
- Adaptive modulation and coding
- Support both FDD and TDD
PAYBACK OF WIMAX TECHNOLOGY 
- Lower development costs due to economies of scale.
- Reduced intimidation due to interoperability equipment Manufacturers.
- Stable supply of low cost technology and chips.
- Self-government to focus on spreading out of network fundamentals dependable with core competencies, while intentional that equipment will interoperate with third party products.
- Industrialized improvement efficiencies.
- Lower fabrication costs outstanding to economies of weighing machine Operators and examination Providers.
- Lower postulation hazard due to self-determination of choice in the middle of several vendors and solutions.
- Facility to adjust network to unmistakable applications by mixing and matching equipment from different vendors.
- Lower subscriber fees.
- Wider choice of terminals enabling cost presentation research.
- Portability of terminals when affecting locations/networks on or after WiMAX machinist “A” to machinist “B”.
- Lower tune-up charge over point in time outstanding to asking price efficiencies in the liberation string.
WHY NEED WIMAX TECHNOLOGY?? [21 - 23]
- WiMAX technology brings true broadband connectivity to vertical applications.
- QoS allows operators to recommend prioritized access and SLAs.
- A single wireless crossing point supports voice and data services.
- WiMAX’s end-to-end Internet Protocol (IP) core network facilitates combination with activity internal networks.
WIMAX VS WIFI
WiMAX operates on the identical wide-ranging ideology as WiFi. It sends data commencing single central processing unit to an additional via broadcasting signals. A central processing unit prepared with WiMAX would be given data beginning the WiMAX transmitting position, in all probability using encrypted information keys to avoid unconstitutional users from larceny admittance. [21 - 23] The greatest WiFi association can broadcast up to 54 megabits for each subsequent underneath the majority constructive location. WiMAX be supposed to be intelligent to switch up to 70 megabits for each following. Level some time ago that 70 megabits is separated up between more than a few dozen businesses or a small amount of hundred home users, it will make available at smallest amount the correspondent of cable-modem transport charge to everyone customer.
The prevalent difference isn't momentum it's remoteness. WiMAX outdistances WiFi by means of miles. WiFi's assortment is in relation to 100 feet (30 m). WiMAX will bedspread a radius of 30 miles (50 km) through wireless right to use. The augmented assortment is outstanding to the frequencies second-hand and the influence of the spreader. Of track, at that detachment, atmosphere, weather conditions and bulky buildings will take action to diminish the maximum assortment in a quantity of state of affairs, but the budding is in attendance to envelop enormous tracts of territory [21 - 23]
WiMax is not premeditated to conflict with WiFi, but to coexist with it. WiMax treatment is deliberate in four-sided figure kilometers, at the same time as that of WiFi is deliberate in quadrangle meters.
WiMax provision in addition provides much superior services than WiFi, on condition that higher bandwidth and high data precautions by the make use of of superior encryption schemes. WiMax can also make available overhaul in equally Line Of Sight (LOS) and Non-Line of Sight (NLOS) locations, but the assortment will vary for that reason. WiMax will agree to the interpenetration for broadband overhaul stipulation of VoIP, video, and internet right of entry at the same time. WiMax can in addition work through accessible mobile networks. [21 - 23]
- Quote paper
- Hardik Modi (Author)Chirag Umaretiya (Author), 2014, Wi – Max Technology. A Survey, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/286684