Free online reading
PACKAGING AS A COMPETITION TOOL
The objective of this paper is to observevital factors, that square measure influencing competitive advantage in India. The projected model of this paper uses sampling technique to live characteristics of society. There square measure eight freelance variables for the projected study of this paper as well as packaging endurance, simple distribution, and client promotion through packaging, packaging structure, packaging as silent adman, diversity of packaging, clean and healthy packaging and innovation in packaging. The projected study uses structural equation modeling to either settle for or reject all hypotheses related to the projected study of this paper. The population of this study includes all managers and specialists United Nations agency square measure concerned in packaging product. We tend to used easy sampling technique and chooses three hundred from a population of 450 those that square measure thought of because the population of this survey. Cronbach alpha determined as zero.732 that is higher than the minimum acceptable level. The results make sure that each one mentioned factors influence fight, effectively.
Key words: competitive advantage, Packaging
Packaging is one among the foremost vital components of promoting, designing and it plays a key role on marketing product and services. An honest packaging absorbs a lot of customers and will increase people’s intention on buying product. Nowadays, shoppers these days square measure baby-faced with several demands as a result of a rise in consumers' financial gain. Producers additionally have to be compelled to build applicable changes on their Strategies to satisfy customers' necessities and vie with new competitors. Innovation in new product square measure vital factors for rising potency and effectiveness (Noorani & Setty, 2007). Packaging is one among the foremost vital techniques to extend the success in business ways. Packaging plays a key role in development since it's a part of product and it might impact all products' characteristics (Olsson et al., 2004). For years, packaging was one vital think about building applicable market (Silayoi & Speece, 2004; Silayoi& Speece, 2007). One primary question is understood the connection between packaging characteristics and competition. Once a specific product is found in showcase of supermarkets with engaging image, a lot of customer’s square measure expected to be attracted. In most cases, customers purchase the product principally as a result of the package and not supported product's characteristics. Packaging is accomplished through completely different ways like paper packaging, plastic, glass, etc. Size and color play vital role in packaging and packaging graphical characteristics like color kind square measure vital factors (Rundh, 2009).
Other vital characteristic is related to form and structure of packaging product since style of a product might influence buying product similarly. This has actuated several style manufacturers to think about product form and structure (Raghubir & Greenleaf, 2006). An honest packaging should contain all necessary info needed by customers on a label shown on the merchandise and this is often an honest thanks to categorical producers' concern on good thing about exploitation product (Wells et al., 2007).
REVIEW OF LITERATURE:
Packaging must establish product characteristics virtually and there should be an instruction to be used on product. There should be a quick and reliable means for act with customers from the labels on the product. The lot of info on the packaging, a lot of client satisfaction from the merchandise we are able to expect. The opposite necessary demand is to supply the mandatory info of the producer. Customers commonly have less time to create their decisions and product should not icean appropriate thanks to get necessary info as quickly as attainable (Ahmed et al., 2005). There square measure2info factors in any product that should be thought of. 1stinfo factors such as RFID, label, etc. and second alternative necessary info, that square measure provided in separate paper, etc.
However, once there square measure too several environmental or governmental problems, customers could get confused. Therefore, product should contain the smallest amount however the foremost vital info (Yang & Priya, 2005).Butkevi iené et al. (2008) mentioned the impact of client packaging communication on client method} process. The results of their research confirmed that theoretical package communication should contain the result of package kind and size within the stage of would like perception. The result of the package graphics, special offers and package ecology communication have to be compelled to be marked as smaller within the stage of alternatives' assessment within the model.
Borin et al. (2011) performed an investigation on the result of varied levels of environmental info on key client metrics and evaluated environmentally benign product versus people who have negative environmental impacts. They reportable that client perception of product quality, value, and get intentions didn't disagree considerably between product with positive environmental messages and people with no message. Product with positive environmental messages were thought of higher than product with negative environmental messages.
They additionally reportable that the result of environmental info was larger for expendable product. Marsh and Bugusu (2007) mentioned that the first aim of food packaging should be to keep up the security, quality, and quality of food. The result of packaging waste on the atmosphere is reduced by providentially choosing materials, following Environmental Protection Agency tips, and reviewing expectations of packaging in terms of environmental result. Knowledgeable makes an attempt by business, government, and shoppers will promote continued improvement, and an understanding of the useful characteristics of packaging can cut back a lot of the intended however foolish solutions, which might not sufficiently account for each pre consumer and postconsumer packaging things. Supply may be thought of as another vital issue for rising packaging product.
Hellström and Marta Brigit Nilsson (2011), as an example, investigated logistics-driven packaging innovation: a case study at IKEA. Rundh (2005) explained the Multi-faceted dimension of packaging and tried to supply smart tips for creating a range between promoting supply and promoting tool. The opposite issue in packaging is related to moral problems (Boyce et al., 2008). Vernuccio et al. (2011) conferred beta study of promoting, logistics, and ethics in packaging innovation. Style is another perspective in packaging product and lots of believe that packaging of a product should begin from early stage in style half (Wansink, 1996; Lee &caustic, 2003; Howard & Moskowitz, 2010). Ampuero and capital of Vanuatu(2006) mentioned the requirement to grasp client perceptions so as to properly style product packing and to achieve the required position within the minds of shoppers. They reportable that every positioning strategy seems related to specific packaging dimensions.
Azad et al. (2012) investigated the relations between packaging foods product created for kids and parents' temperament to shop for these sorts of product. They used a form supported Liker scale, distributed among 392 individuals and picked up 381 stuffed questionnaires. There have been3 hypotheses: the primary hypothesis assumed there was a pregnant relationship between packaging children’s food characteristics and parents' intention on buying product. The second hypothesis studied the connection between kids food packaging and also the parent's priority buying cal land also the third hypotheses examined the connection between kids food choice and also the parent’s buying call. The results confirmed all 3 hypotheses and provided some evidences that an appropriate packaging for children's food vie vital role on parents' intention for buying product. Azad et al. (2012), in another work, used a questionnaire-based survey to seek out the foremost vital factors influencing promotional material. They centered on gathering info from the promotional material suppliers to assess every promotional material set up.
The objective of this paper is to observe vital factors, that square measure influencing competitive advantage in India.
THE PROJECTEDTECHNIQUE/RESEARCH METHODOLOGY:
The projected model of this paper uses sampling technique to measure characteristics of society. There square measure eight freelance variables for the projected study of this paper as well as packaging endurance (HEFAZAT), simple distribution (TOZIE), client promotion through packaging (TARFI), packaging structure (SAKHTAR), packaging as silent publicist (BASTE),diversity of packaging (TANAVO), clean and healthy packaging (SALAMATI) and innovation in packaging (NOAVARI). The projected study uses structural equation modeling to either settle for or reject all hypotheses related to the projected study of this paper. The population of this study includes all managers and specialists from different agency who are concerned with packaging product. I used simple sampling Technique and chooses three hundred from a population of 450 those that square measure thought-about because the population of this survey. Cronbach alpha made up our minds as zero.732 that is higher than the minimum acceptable level.
The projected study of this paper uses and t-student to verify all hypotheses. Based on the result, all coefficients are statistically meaningful. In addition, Chi-square is equal to 558.52 with P-value of
0.0000 and RMSEA=0.041. These results confirm the validity of our results. Based on the results of survey, we can conclude that in order to increase competition, we need to increase packaging endurance and facilities distribution process to provide ease of access for customers. Packaging must be used to promote sales' figures and it must capture customers' eyes in just a few moments. The other important factor is the structure of packaging infrastructure and a product with good packaging characteristics is in fact a good missioner for advertisement of the product. Finally, clean and healthy packaging as well as innovative packaging could also contribute to product development.
We have performed an empirical study to determine important factors influencing competitive advantage including packaging endurance, easy distribution, and customer promotion through packaging structure, packaging as silent advertiser, diversity of packaging, clean and healthy packaging and innovation in packaging. The proposed study used structural equation modeling to either accept or reject all hypotheses associated with the proposed study of this paper. The results confirm that all mentioned factors influence competitiveness, effectively. In summary, we can conclude that it is important to look into different factors influencing marketing activities and find out possible alternatives for better penetrating into market.
The author would like to thank to all the authors whom research work help to complete this research. References
1. Ahmed, A., Ahmed, N., & Salman, A. (2005). Critical issues in packaged food business. British Food Journal Business, 107, 760-780.
2. Ampuero, O., & Vila, N. (2006). Consumer perceptions of product packaging. Journal of Consume Marketing, 23(2), 100-111.
3. Azad, N., SeyedAliakbar, S.M., &Kordalivand, N. (2012). Investigating effective factors on multimedia advertising: A case study of travel agencies. Management Science Letters, 2(1), 409-416.
4. Azad, N., Rafiee, M., &Hamdavipour, L. (2012). The role of children's food packaging characteristics on parent's purchasing decision. Management Science Letters, 2(3), 827- 832.
5. Borin, N., Cerf, D.C., & Krishnan, R. (2011). Consumer effects of environmental impact in product labeling. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 28(1), 7686.
6. Boyce, J., Broz, C., & Binkley, M. (2008). Consumer perspectives: take-out packaging and food safety. British Food Journal, 110, 819-828.
7. Butkevi iené, V., &Stravinskiené, J., Rútelioné, A. (2008). Impact of consumer packaging communication on consumer decision making process.Economics of Engineering Decisions, 1(56), 57-65.
8. Hellström, D., & Nilsson, F. (2011). Logistics-driven packaging innovation: a case study at IKEA. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 39(9), 638 - 657.
9. Howard, R., & Moskowitz, T.M. (2010). Accelerating structured consumer-driven package design. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 27(2), 157 - 168.
10. Lee, S.G., & Lye, S.W. (2003). Design for manual Packaging. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 33(2), 163-189.
11. Marsh, K., & Bugusu, B. (2007). Food packaging roles, materials, and environmental issues. Journal of Food Science, 72, 39-55.
12. Noorani, H.S., & Setty, K. (2007). Three Steps for Successful implementation of Sales Portals in CPG companies. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 35, 746-749.
13. Olsson, A., Petterson, M., & Johnson, G. (2004). Packaging demands in the food service industry. Food Service Technology, 4, 97-105.
14. Raghubir, P., & Greenleaf, E.A. (2006). Ratios in Proportion: what should the shape of the package be?Journal of Marketing, 70, 95-107.
15. Rundh, B. (2009). Packaging design: creating competitive advantage with product packaging. British Food Journal, 111(9), 988-1002.
16. Rundh, B. (2005). The Multi-faceted dimension of packaging: marketing logistic or marketing tool? British Food Journal, 107(9), 670-84.
17. Silayoi, P., & Speece, M. (2004). Packaging and purchase decisions: An exploratory study on the impact of involvement level and time pressure. British Food Journal, 106(8), 607 - 628.
18. Silayoi, P., & Speece, M. (2007). The importance of packaging attributes: a conjoint analysis approach. European Journal of Marketing, 41(11/12), 1495-151
* Research Scholar, Singhania University, Jhujhunnu
- Quote paper
- Shruti Chaudhary (Author)IJMR (editor) (Author), 2014, Packaging as a competition tool, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/293609