A case study of Chipotle Mexican Grill. What are the key factors for the competitive success of the company?


Essay, 2019
19 Pages, Grade: 4.6

Abstract or Introduction

Despite the industry within which a company operates, there are various key success factors that enable a company to survive and develop. Key success factors are an essential part of the company's competitive success and it is this important that the company pay a considerable attention to them. The elements of a company must correspond with the key success factors required in the industry in order for it to survive and grow. As far as the case is concerned, the fast-casual restaurant industry is heavily competitive, making it hard for most of the restaurants to survive and remain successful.

Six major rivals; Burger King Corporation, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, Wendy's Group, Starbucks and Yum! Brands, occupy about 40 percent of the market. The remaining 60 percent consists of smaller competitors such as Panera, Panda Express and Chipotle Mexican Grill. Each competitor offers distinguishable products aligned with their core capabilities. Hence, the intense threat of rivalry in this industry requires restaurants to be distinctive and innovative so that they can achieve a competitive edge. Those restaurants that are unable to maintain a constant competitive advantage end up failing.

Details

Title
A case study of Chipotle Mexican Grill. What are the key factors for the competitive success of the company?
College
University of Toronto
Grade
4.6
Author
Year
2019
Pages
19
Catalog Number
V493825
ISBN (eBook)
9783668999220
Language
English
Tags
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Business plan
Quote paper
Joe Wessh (Author), 2019, A case study of Chipotle Mexican Grill. What are the key factors for the competitive success of the company?, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/493825

Comments

  • No comments yet.
Read the ebook
Title: A case study of Chipotle Mexican Grill. What are the key factors for the competitive success of the company?


Upload papers

Your term paper / thesis:

- Publication as eBook and book
- High royalties for the sales
- Completely free - with ISBN
- It only takes five minutes
- Every paper finds readers

Publish now - it's free