Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp


Essay, 2003

9 Pages


Excerpt

Table of Contents

Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp

Works Cited

Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp.

Italy is renowned, around the world, for their food, but would Hershey Foods Corporation’s products, so loved by the American people, be welcomed here? Through careful research and analysis, a sound marketing plan can be developed to help ensure Hershey’s success in their attempt to become an American import to Italy.

Italy is located in “Southern Europe, a peninsula extending into the central Mediterranean Sea, northeast of Tunisia.” (“ItaliaVoice.com”) With a total of just 300,000 sq km of land, Italy encompasses an area slightly larger than the state of Arizona. (“Quick Reference”)

Italy has the unique distinction of being “the oldest country in the world.” (as qtd. In “Italy Facts and Figures”) A high average life expectancy age coupled with a low birthrate of only 1.19 children per woman actually has Italy with a decreasing population by .08% per year. (“Italy Facts and Figures”) Italy’s current population is approximately 56.7 million people. (“Italy Fast Facts”) It is almost evenly divided between the genders, with .94 males for each female. Only 14% of the population is under the age of 15, while the remaining 86% is 15 and older. (“Quick Reference”)

The population is mostly comprised of Italians. There are small clusters, however, of German, French, Slovene, Albanian and Greek-Italians. In addition, there are a growing number of Jewish and Muslim immigrants to the area. The religion is primarily Roman Catholic with a community of older Protestants. (“Quick Reference”)

The Italian economy is primarily industrial in the North, with the South primarily agricultural. “Most raw materials needed by industry and more than 75% of energy requirements are imported.” (“Quick Reference”) Italy has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of approximately $1.4 trillion, equaling a GDP per capita of approximately $25,000. Their major industry is tourism, followed by “machinery, iron and steel, chemicals, food processing, textiles, motor vehicles, clothing, footwear, (and) ceramics.” (“Quick Reference”)

Hershey Food Corporation’s first tagline was “Where quality is paramount” (“Milton Hershey”) and this philosophy still holds true today. Milton Hershey’s first candy company was the Lancaster Carmel Company, however after becoming intrigued by German chocolate making equipment, exhibited at the Chicago International Exposition in 1893, Hershey purchased the equipment and began Hershey Chocolate Company as a subsidiary of Lancaster Carmel. “In addition to chocolate coatings, Mr. Hershey made breakfast cocoa, sweet chocolate and baking chocolate.” (“Milton Hershey”)

[...]

Excerpt out of 9 pages

Details

Title
Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp
College
University of Phoenix
Author
Year
2003
Pages
9
Catalog Number
V60905
ISBN (eBook)
9783638544719
File size
365 KB
Language
English
Keywords
Multinational, Marketing, Hershey, Foods, Corp
Quote paper
Kimberly Wylie (Author), 2003, Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/60905

Comments

  • No comments yet.
Read the ebook
Title: Multinational Marketing for Hershey Foods Corp



Upload papers

Your term paper / thesis:

- Publication as eBook and book
- High royalties for the sales
- Completely free - with ISBN
- It only takes five minutes
- Every paper finds readers

Publish now - it's free