METHODOLOGY OF RESEARCH
ICT, CYBER-REALITY, E-LEARNING THESAURUS AS A REALITY MODEL
ICT, CYBER-REALITY, E-LEARNING THESAURUS STRUCTURE MODELLING RECOMMENDATIONS
GLOSSARY OF ICT, CYBER-REALITY, E-LEARNING TERMS
At the turn of the XX-XXI centuries as an essential product of civilization, Computer reality has been gradually separated into an independent existential whole, within which electronic and digital media, in particular, serve not only as a means of transmitting information or interaction, but fulfill their own world-building, sense-building and, consequently, logogenerative potential (S.O. Borchykov; Helenter D., P. Groot). Computer Being – CB henceforth -(a term by V.A. Kutyr'yev, A.V. Pastushkova, M. Heim) is a complex, integrated, multi-dimensional sphere synthesis of reality, human experienceand activity, mediated by contemporary digital and information technology (Heim, 1995) and is an object of study of a wide range of academic branches – philosophy of modern humanities, psychology, sociology, cultural studies, etc. (R.F. Abdeev; I.Yu. Alekseeva, L.I. Tiraspol`skij; G.P. Yur’ev, Bell, M . Heim, J. Nyce).
By virtue of objective historical and geopolitical context (the cybernetization, globalization, informatization of society, the Americanization of global culture - J. Hamilton, G. Lewis D. Tapskott, V.V. Tarasenko, K. Shannon, M. MacLuhan; T.I. Ryazantseva.) at the turn of the millenium modern English, moreso - the American and British varieties of it - is a priority communicative medium of primary speech coding, speech and meta-language (terminology) representation, ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences elements and structures mapping (M. Quinion; MacPhedris D., M. Tweedie , N. Owk, M. Shapiro). Methodological perspectives of the modern view of English language activity and that of the English-speaking community in the area of advanced technologi.e. s, include a macro-factor of the vocabulary functional updates (Yu. Zatsnyy, S. Yenikyeyeva), a cognitive structure, a segment of supranational worldview of English speakers, a discoursive communicative medium (I.S. Shevchenko, N.V. Rekonvald).
The paper overall objective is the investigation of generic and functional meta-code structures, thesaurus development phenomenology in the ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences sphere in the framework of the IRNet project integrated dicourse.
The objective premise is that cyberspace apparently presents a functional ontological as well as a cognitive model of Reality, the semiotic manifestation of the latter taking place concurrently and prospectively within cognition and research grasp, as opposed to non-cyber-reality, linguo-ontogenesis of which could be retrospectively constructed on mostly hypothetical principles.
The objective hypothesis of the study is that the typological characteristics of innovative ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesaurus as a macro-object of a phenomenological investigation determine the specificity of static configuration and dynamic interaction of formal and substantive constituents of its microstructure. 3157 of speech and linguistic units - innovations that relate to multi-substrat areas, objects and phenomena of computer being - in usage serve as research empirical database, selected by canvas sampling out of conventional lexicographic sources, specificized registers of English lexicographic innovations of electronic format and English periodicals of the timespan from 1997 to 2017. (Note that whinin the procedural network analysis, but beyond the quantitative calculation of the sample retained are projected and potential linguistic units that are updated based on structural and semantic models of unlimited productivity within the English innovative computer logosphere).
METHODOLOGY OF RESEARCH
The logocentric approach to integrative research directions, mechanisms, ways and means of the modern ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesaurus, supplied in this paper, allows to highlight those aspects of English development, provides a generalized in-depth understanding of the phenomenological nature of meta-language encoding processes, categorization, mental mappying, meta-language reference, significative correlation, respectively. The Logosphere is perceived as a synthetic linguophilosophical concept that means: 1) a multitude of speech units that are the phenomenologically exhaustive implementations of abstract (substant, conceptual) and empirical (factual, objective) elements of different areas of life (Bakhtin M., Yu. Lotman., E. Pauerannen); 2) integrable area of mind-speech continuum of a (linguistic) culture in general and specific (linguistic) cultures in particular (R. Barth, G.D. Gachev, N.V. Bardina, A. Losev).
Phenomenological approach (Oke, 2009) to the study of innovations in the ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences sphere allows to efficiently investigate manifestation of cyberspace integrated onthology, to closely study the dimensions of cyberberspace as an outlook both generic an critical, to expose the phenomenological origin and upstream direction of cyberspace dynamics as a comprehensive linguistic and communicative structure.
The imminent study results provide for the innovative English computer logosphere definition and stock inventory in terms of its integrity as an analysis macro-body. Meaningful and formal boundaries, phenomenological and substantial features of innovative English computer logosphere microstructure constituent – innovative English ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences terminos (EICT) – have been defined. Integrity premises of innovative English computer logosphere have been outlined.
The given grounds are determined by innovative English computer logosphere microstructural and macrostructural phenomenological pattern isomorphism. An inventory of innovative English computer logosphere microstructure constituents – EICT – static and dynamic qualities, featured through successive content levels, is shortlisted. The EICT static and dynamic qualities portfolio provides for the volume, boundaries and content of innovative English computer logosphere micro- as well as macro-dynamics assessment.
Priority guidelines, structural and content patterns, methodologically relevant results of innovative English ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesaurus logosphere internal as well as external microstructure dynamic mobility are thus delineated.
Taking into account all the above, the relevance of this work in the light of the latest trends of ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences research issues in the context of phylogeny, sociogenesis and technogenesis of linguistic communities, due to the focus of our endeavor on a detailed study of complex substant and paradigmatic parameters of English innovative ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences logosphere as a macrointegrated and microintegrated object (where by " integration" of EICL perceived is the internal unity of its elements at the macro and micro levels, respectively), as well as the need for linguistic research in the field of integrated modeling processes of the a high degree of synchronous dynamics vocabulary (English at the XX-XXI centuries turn being an exemplar specimen of this type of linguistic systems).
The introduced approach to defining the cyberterm might pose as a key to comprehending the hidden mechanisms of linguistic actualization of cyber-reality.
Modern cyberspace apparently presents a functional ontological model of Being, the linguo-semiotic presentation of which takes place currently and prospectively within cognition and research grasp, as opposed to non-cyber-reality, linguo-ontogenesis of which could be retrospectively constructed on mostly hypothetical principles.
ICT, E-LEARNING, DL, INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCES THESAURUS AS A REALITY MODEL
Parameterization principles of a concept of "logos" in the paradigm of the humanities in general, linguophilosophy, and linguistics - in particular, allow to identify the features of logosphere as a complex object system pertaining the following parameters:
- Ubiquity (inclusiveness);
- Lingual substantiality;
- Phenomenology of thesaurus units;
- Referential and semiotic isomorphism of the referent and meaning.
Note that through the fragmented set of qualitative features, logosphere is tangent to the concepts of complex system simulators linguistic-mental outlook, such as:
- Model of the world / world view (inclusive, integrative, self-identity);
- Language picture of the world (phenomenology of linguistic constituents - the ability to summarize and signify objects of reality);
- Noosphere (onthotsentrism, info-capacity).
For the listed set of features the integral notion of logosphere stands as a semantic synthesis of these concepts (see Figure 1.):
Abbildung in dieser Leseprobe nicht enthalten
Figure 1 ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesuarus logosphere integral and differential features model
Sorce: Own reserch
The specific differential features of logosphere as a linguistic-onthological, linguistic-phenomenological object are:
- Normativity - arising from the parametric features of the concept of "logos" - (while maintaining the characteristics of dynamic variation and logosphere);
- Lingual substantivity - phenomenological ("actualization") status of meta-language signs membranes in reality;
- The principle of isomorphism of the signified and meaning.
The outer conthour of a separate national (in this case - English) logosphere in synchrony within this study is positioned as an innovative English logosphere. Innovative English logosphere itself (multidimensional, of complex, dynamic system) is a kind of "test-ground" for linguistic actualization of life. That is, linguistic (lexical-semantic) representation of new modes of reality exists within reach of the human mind, and therefore is subject to immediate perception and comprehension.
It is considered appropriate to separate configuration and parameterization of a specified macrophenomenon of linguistic research - English innovative computer being logosphere. Thus, the network innovation and relevant subsystems in modern English, the English innovative ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences logosphere (multidimensional, complex, dynamic system) is the most comprehensive quantitative and qualitative terms of language representation of the universe "test site" linguistic actualization of being, determined by a number of qualifying conditions of its emergence, existence and development, including:
1) exhaustive synchronization process of the object, phenomenological and anthropological field of computer being and development processes of the ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences meta-language;
2) exhaustive output of parameterization isomorphism of onthological (substance phenomenological) and anthropic, respectively and computer structures of reality;
3) flexibility, adaptability and dynamic potential of the vocabulary of the English language in correlation with the ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences sphere (that is fulfilled, in particular through info-capacity, sign hybridization, the evolution of the basic onthological and functional features of neologisms in relevant areas).
In view of the foregoing, the English innovative ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences logosphere (EICL) is defined as:
a) a syncretic, consolidated within its semantic scope, plurality of English verbal units that are the asymptotically (i.e. in unlimited approximation) exhaustive embodiments of substantive and factual elements of modern computer being.
b) as a vertically integrated at the macro and micro levels plurality of ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesaurus, its typological specificity are relatively exhaustive phenomenological correlates multi-substrat elements of computer being.
Given signs of the logosphere as a specific onthological and linguistic-semiotic object, it is possible to distinguish the following substantial characteristics of innovative English computer logosphere:
- The ability to synthesize substances at their own attributes, parameters and properties of onthological objects and phenomena and innovative meta-verbal units, respectively;
- Ability to asymptotic (very close to exhaustive) implementing of the substantive and factual elements of modern ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences being at their own substance as a whole and at the level of substantial characteristics of discrete meta-verbal units (terms) that constitute the relevant innovation thesaurus logosphere.
- Exhaustive semantic, formal and constructive density of implementation (reveal) of substantive and factual elements of modern computer being in the onthological, epistemological and anthropological plane.
Through the span of the information revolution innovation subsystem of English, which is directly correlated to the scope of the latest computer technology and computer being in general becomes rapid and integrated development that is supported by a lingual and extralinguistic factors, including:
1) synchronization of the enrichment rate of the ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences thesaurus rate and the extent of occurrence and branching substance, object, phenomenological, anthropological field of computer being (D. Crystal, M. Marcioni), manifested significant compared to other existential fields in the study period (1997-2017 years), quantitative index volume of innovation replenishment (and usage potential) of English verbal instruments: ≈11-20 units in usage of computer being per month. That is tantamount to the average number of units in usage at 180 per 1 year (≈49-60% of the total sampling of modern English units - according to conventional lexicographical sources and automated lexicographical registers WordSpy, WorldWideWords, The Merriam-Webster Online);
2) source of coding isomorphism of multi-substrat structures (onthological, epistemological, anthropological) of ICT, e-learning, dl, intercultural competences;
3) typological flexibility, adaptability and dynamic potential of the vocabulary of the English language in correlation with ICT, e-learning, DL, intercultural competences that is updated, in particular through info-capacity, semiotic hybridization of meta-terms, expressive potencial to transform their particular typological traits.
Definitions of state aids and empirically observable parallelism of situational processes of emergence and development of innovative substant elements (space, time, substance), epistemological elements (information, episteme, etc.), anthropological elements (existential condition, identity type, etc.) of the computer being and their lingual (English) correlates (language sign, language form, language meaning, language content) defines the methodological relevance of positioning appointed English segment of reality as a specific type of logosphere, in particular innovative logosphere, which is a synchronous peripherals logosphere English linguoculture.
- Quote paper
- Rusudan Makhachashvili (Author), 2018, Cyber-Reality and E-Learning Thesaurus Structure Modelling, Munich, GRIN Verlag, https://www.grin.com/document/453188